Once again we are about to start our session. And once again we need participants to introduce themselves. If you are looking for new introduction activity – you are in the right place. This time – Random presentation.
It’s a variation of introducing another person in pairs (check my other activities), just here people should feel more comfortable.
- Participants get sheets of paper and pens.
- They need to write about themselves, maybe draw something, but not their name.
- Don’t tell them that someone else will present them.
- After that papers are mixed and one by one picked up by participants randomly (that’s funny when they realize that).
- Now some variations are possible:
- each person just reads what is on the paper, the one described stands up at the end and gives his/her name plus 1-2 more sentences.
- or they are given some time to prepare the introduction in their own words
- or the trainer lists the words to change with other words in the introduction: like “IT” with “zoo” or “manager” with “jedi warrior”, “developed” with “punched”, etc. so the participant now describes someone with new words and the person stands up at the end
- or if there is more time and one of the goals is teambuilding, communication etc. – let people walk around and find their pair by asking questions about what they have on papers
- or the one who wrote it needs to ask yes/no question to find one with his/her paper.